Thursday, March 15, 2012

the voice.

Brandon and I really like The Voice. 

We get emotionally invested in each person and often talk to Christina, Blake, Adam and Ce Lo about their battle winner picks.  We also like to harmonize with the singers while they are battling.  It sounds great, and our neighbors love us. 

On a recent episode, the battle song selected was Pumped up Kicks by Foster the People.  The next day I was driving in my car and Pumped up Kicks was on the radio; they must love The Voice too.  Well, I freaked out and turned the radio up.  The next few minutes were a mixture of awesome fist pumps, great singing and voice inflections in all the right places.  I was so lost in the song that I missed my exit.  Whoops.  Normally that’s not a big deal, but this particular road led to THE ONLY TOLL ROAD IN RALEIGH.  Not only did I have to drive on the toll road, but I had to get off the toll road and get back on in order to go the other way (basically, a U-TURN).  Double Whoops. 
I was a little flustered to say the least.  However, this frustration soon subsided when Maggie May by Rod Stewart came on; classic.

We are patiently anticipating the $2 bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment