Tuesday, March 13, 2012

green.

We stopped by our house on Saturday.  I normally drive by it every day on my way to work. 


I like to stare at it.

Well, Saturday we were really excited because they started putting the siding up!  We slowly crept by and stared.

Brandon likes to stare at it too. 

As we were staring, I noticed something was a little off.  We had to hurry away quickly because we wanted to make it to a bakery downtown for some beignets – which is really a glorified name for fried doughnuts.  This is when I decided to discuss what “looked a little off” about our house.  Our conversation went something like this;

Me: “Our house is green.”
B: “What?”
Me: “It’s green.”
B: “Our house isn’t green.”
Me: “Yes, it is…I saw it with my own two eyes.  It’s green!”
B: “Oh, well you say that like it’s a breaker….I mean, we already bought it.”
Me: “It’s green.  Our house is green!”

I had convinced both of us that our house was green.  Green!  Our fried doughnuts beignets made me feel a little better.
We drove back and slowly crept by…..

Me: “Oh, its beige.”
B: “Oh, well that’s good.” 
Me: [sigh] “It’s so pretty”
Shoes: Target, Top and Necklace: Forever 21, Jeans: LOFT (sale)

It appears that I was looking at the house next to us; which is green.  I guess I should write a disclaimer and state that it’s not a terrible green.  It’s a very light green tint, but it’s still green.

I am not completely biased against the color green.  I love to work it into my wardrobe, my salad, our front lawn….just not our siding.

No comments:

Post a Comment