Wednesday, March 7, 2012

God is love.


I don’t just want to know about God.  I don’t want to live my life only knowing bible verses and reciting what disciples before me have spoken.

I want to know who God is.  I want to feel him.  I want to walk in relationship with him every day.

So, who is God?  What is he like?

That’s what I want to look into for a while.  I want to set a foundation on the character of God.  I don’t know how long this will last, I know it will end when I run out of adjectives that I am familiar with.  I could spend the rest of my life naming beautiful, extraordinary characteristics of God and I wouldn’t even scratch the surface of the majesty in his name. 

How do we get to know the character of God?  Certainly we can see attributes of God all around; the sunset, rippling waves, cool summer breezes, sloths and ant eaters (God loves them too!)  But, does God actually, well, talk about himself? 

YES!

The Bible is a way that God communicates to us, as it states in 2 Timothy 3:16 “All scripture is breathed by God.”  The Bible is exploding with descriptions of the character of God.  Let’s sit and reflect on the matchless worth in his name.

God is love.

1John 4:7
“Beloved, let us love one another; for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.”
Romans 8:37-39
“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment