Saturday, April 14, 2012

play time

Savannah went to her first puppy cotillion class.  We were nervous, very nervous....

but we were also hopeful.  I mean, she doesn't understand the concept of personal space and jumps around like a fairy most of the time, but she's tiny and gentle around other dogs. 

We walked in with our heads held high, round the corner....and wha??  Um, are we in the right class?  I thought this was puppy training, not right-out-of-the-womb-training.  Staring back at us is 2 month old puggle (beagle and pug mix); who Savannah could eat for breakfast, and a Chihuahua who Savannah could eat for a mid-day snack.  Savannah, of course, was delighted.  We held her leash a little tighter..

Savannah didn't quite know what to do with the Chihuahua; Molly.  She couldn't understand why Molly would scream bloody murder any time she came close.  So, Savannah just did her play-time-jig around Molly.  I'm not touching you!  I'm not touching you!  Unfortunately, she had other plans for the puggle; Chloe.
Shirt: Gap; Jacket: Francesca's Collection; Necklace: The Aztec's themselves (really, I have no idea); Jeans: Ann Taylor; Shoes: dunno.

 We were almost ready to breath a sigh of relief, until we heard, "the last 10 minutes will be puppy play time!"  Oh, gosh.  She's never played with a dog this small.  Before I could protest, she was put in a play pen with Chloe.  The first 10 seconds were great, I look at Brandon and give him a yeah-we're-awesome-parents-look,  but then I see it.  My face turns red.  I start sweating.  She has Chloe pinned down and is gnawing on her leg like a chicken bone.  **Cringe** Uh, Savannah?  I didn't even have a response.  By this time she moved to the other leg.  I giggled awkwardly and pulled her off quickly.

Needless to say, play time didn't last the full 10 minutes.

We may need to work on play time, but I think she has the cute factor down.. Savannah, "do your chain hang low, do it wobble to the flo'?"



No comments:

Post a Comment